Location and Hours of Operation
We are located on the bottom floor of the Takopid Clinic with parking adjacent to the entrance on the west side of the building.
Pharmacy is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday and 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. We’re closed weekends and most major holidays. For latest closure information, please call (253) 593-0232.
All clients must be a registered patient with PTHA and updated annually. For eligibility information, please call Patient Access at (253) 593-0232. PTHA accepts most health insurance plans. If you have an insurance card, please inform Patient Access.
PTHA pharmacy will accept prescriptions written by providers outside of PTHA as long as the prescription is valid under Washington State law. PTHA utilizes a “Drug Formulary” and may not stock all available medications. A “Drug Formulary” is a list of approved medications available. We periodically review available products to add or remove medications from this list. Each medication is based on availability, cost, safety, and efficacy. PTHA Pharmacy does not stock over-the-counter items such as Tylenol or cough syrups.
We typically provide a 30-day supply of prescription medications. Quantities may be reduced as determined by your physician. Quantities may also be less than a 30-day supply as available refills have been used up.
For prescription refills, please text in your refill and allow 72 hours for processing. Some refills will take longer depending on a specific plan or approval from your provider.
- First, register with PTHA’s Text-to-Refill Service by sending a text message to 862-235-9781, with the following message: Reg:7059973.
- You will receive a confirmation message.
- Save this number, 862-235-9781, as a new contact (PTHA Pharmacy Text Refills).
- To request prescription refills, send a text message with your prescription You may submit multiple prescription numbers, separating each number with a comma. Your prescription number is a 7-digit number that comes after RX# on your label. Please ignore the last two digits following the space.
- You will receive a text message response regarding the status of the prescription number that you submitted.
- The pharmacy will contact you if there are any questions about your refill request.
Patients still have the option to call the regular refill line and either input in the prescription number or leave a voice mail message.
Picking up Prescriptions
To ensure privacy, you will be asked to verify your date of birth. You may also be asked to provide photo identification.
Anyone picking up prescriptions for another person must present photo identification. Whoever picks up the prescription(s) is solely responsible for the prescription(s) once it leaves the pharmacy. Possession of any prescription other than other than for whom it was prescribed is a violation of federal law. If someone has picked up a prescription and it's not delivered to you, please contact Puyallup Tribal Police at (253) 680-5656 to report theft.
Text & Email Notifications
Patients can sign-up to be notified by text or email when a prescription is ready for pick-up. Ask to sign-up for text or email notifications at the pharmacy counter.
Narcan Nasal Spray
Narcan Nasal Spray is available in Pharmacy. For more information, please click the link below:
For the safety of our kids, families and environment, it’s important to safely dispose of unused or expired prescription medications. PTHA does not take back medications, but there are local collection sites that do. To find a collection site near you, please visit www.takebackyourmeds.org.
Prescription Refills: (253) 593-0114
Pharmacy: (253) 593-0232, ext 272
Elder’s (55+) Line: (253) 441-2633