How to Apply
Resident Application Information
Our program is listed on the AOA Opportunities Website. We are dually accredited by the AOA on July 22, 2011 and accredited by the ACGME on July 1, 2018. We will be using the ERAS- Electronic Residency Application Service- for all applications.
One of the most important things in the application is the Personal Statement. Be sure to describe your background as it relates to Native American Health and indicate why you are interested in a tribal-based program.
Interviews will be scheduled for selected candidates, and will take place from October through January.
- Rotations are available to 4th year medical students
- 3rd year medical students can inquire about possible rotations toward the end of their 3rd year
- Site visits are available as well for students who are unable to rotate here.
Application Qualifications and Criteria
- Graduate from an accredited medical school.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident. PTHA does not sponsor visas.
- Physically able to fulfill the resident job description after provision of reasonable accommodations as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- No felonies on record.
- Appear suited for PTHA mission and values.
- Graduate of medical school accredited by Liaison Council for Medical Education (LCME)
- Apply through ERAS and within the rules of the match and ACGME or AOA.
- Complete ERAS file, including at least transcript, Dean’s letter, USMLE or COMLEX transcripts, and two letters of recommendation.
- We do not accept Foreign-born graduates of non-LCME schools even if certified by the Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Failed no more than two medical school courses or rotations. All fails must be remediated.
- Passed step I and II of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) licensing exam.
- Failed no more than one exam prior to passing on repeat.
- If failed an exam, successful repeat was within 6 months
Please contact Amy Lind the Residency Program Coordinator at email@example.com.